Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ode to Sugar

Oh how I miss thee
My sweet, tasty friend
You've been by me beside me
Beginning to end
Of each binging session as I inhale away
All the chocolate and ice cream
mixed together in parfeit
Or in a large cookie, heck, in a bowl on the floor
But I digress, and I keep wanting more
It's an addiction and it needs some attention
Do they do 'sugarholics' on that show "Intervention"
At any rate I just have to say
As much as I love you dearly
I've seen pictures of my lumpy behind
And my chins, where you've stored yourself clearly
I've had enough of your hold on my soul
So, this bet we girls have made
I will cleanse you from my body and mind
And it t-shirts I will get paid
So, though I miss you and think of you much
Your evil I am crushing
As I run on the treadmill and eat my friend fruit
The cravings are quietly hushing
I will win You will lose
That much I do know
You are up a stream without a paddle
And I will be happy on the day that I see
I've gotten rid of my bags made of saddle....

Goodbye Sugar... May you rot in_______ someone else's teeth.

4 comments:

jill s said...

haha! you SO rock deary.
i think i'm pmsing.
i REALLY want sugar.
i'm glad my cheat day isn't far away.

Tim and Amy said...

love it! thanks kelly. you are a rock star! you deserve to win just for writing that up! but unfortunately i can't let you win that easy.

seriously thanks for the good laugh! :o)

Tim and Amy said...

just showed the poem to tim and he suggests that you write kids books. i agree! screw the day job... start writing books! :o)

oh and as much as i don't want to say this, jill - good job on resisting the temptation today!

mindy said...

oh my goodness! great poem! thats awesome!! good idea! haha.

now, give in chicka, give in.

all of you! :)